vrijdag 21 oktober 2011

GOODBYE ARTHUR MILLER


Goodbye Arthur Miller

Goodbye you ol’ dead salesman

Say hello to the blonde if you can

 

Goodbye James Joyce

Ulysses an endless stream of words

Don’t you worry none

They sure as hell were heard

 

Goodbye John Steinbeck

The Grapes of Wrath

On a lifeboat with Hitchcock

I’ve watched the clock

go from tick to tock

 

Goodbye Allen Ginsberg

You dared to confront the constrains of life’s bore

Moloch’s howls can still be heard

Through the cracks of our door

 

Goodbye Hank Chinaski

What more can I do

than lift my glass filled with red

in honour of you

 

Goodbye Mr Burroughs

If I had bug powder in my vicinity

I would forever wander the interzone

And leave all this tripe behind me

 

Goodbye Arthur Miller

Goodbye you ol’ dead salesman

Say hello to the blonde if you can

1 opmerking:

Estranged zei

This is possibly my favourite of the poetry I've read of yours. Love it.